Homemade Basil Pesto
Homemade Basil Pesto is rich in flavor, vibrant, and super thick. This makes a great spread on sandwiches or toasts but there are many ways to enjoy it.
- 3 cups 75g basil leaves, packed
- 1/3 cup 50g toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup 70g toasted cashews
- 1/2 cup 35g grated Parmesan
- 4 Tbsp. 25g extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves
- salt and black pepper to taste
Rinse and pat dry the basil leaves.
Place the basil leaves, nuts, Parmesan, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic cloves, salt, and pepper into a food processor. Pulse until the mixture is smooth.
Taste the pesto and season with more salt, pepper, and lemon juice if desired.
Store and enjoy!
How Many Calories in Basil Pesto
|Calories (per 1 serve, 25g): 94 cal
||Calories (per 100g ): 375 cal
|Fat: 7.9 g
||Fat: 31.8 g
|Carbohydrates: 3.2 g
||Carbohydrates: 12.7 g
|Protein: 2.8 g
||Protein: 11.4 g