This soup has been a long-time family favorite. Full of flavor, rich and bursting with colors, this Salmon Soup is the ultimate healthy soup you could ask for.
- 1 ½ Tbsp. 10g olive oil
- 2 medium 130g onion, chopped
- 2 medium 140g carrots, sliced
- 3-4 medium ~400g potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 5-6 cups 1380 ml vegetable broth or water (I used water)
- 2 bay leaves
- 5-6 whole peppercorns
- 1 lb 460g salmon fillets, cut into 1inch pieces (skin on or off)
- 1 cup 145g frozen green peas
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 cup 240g half and half (or 1/4 cup cream+3/4 cup milk)
- salt and pepper. to taste
- fresh dill for garnish, chopped
- lemon juice to taste (optional)
Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally until fragrant. Add the carrots and stir and cook for about 2 more minutes.
Add the cubed potatoes, vegetable broth or water, bay leaves, and peppercorns; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover with a lid and simmer for 7 - 10 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
Add the salmon chunks and continue cooking on low heat for 5 minutes.
Pour the half and half and add the green peas, season with garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper; stir and cook for 2-3 minutes more.
Add the chopped dill, serve and enjoy!
How Many Calories in Salmon Soup
|Calories (per 1 serve, 415g): 313 cal
||Calories (per 100g ): 75 cal
|Fat: 15.6 g
||Fat: 3.8 g
|Carbohydrates: 21.6 g
||Carbohydrates: 5.2 g
|Protein: 19.3 g
||Protein: 4.6 g