Summer Tomato Salad
A super delicious Summer Tomato Salad loaded with freshness and flavors is not only tasty but also healthy and absolutely standout!
This salad pairs beautifully with practically any grilled meat, chicken, or fish and also is the most ideal summertime side dish for any occasion.
For the salad:
- 3 cups or 50-60g baby spinach
- 1 ½ lb 2 large heirloom tomatoes (or other ripe tomatoes), sliced
- 2-3 baby cucumbers or 1 thin English cucumber sliced
- ½ red onion sliced thinly
- 4 Tbsp. or 32g crumbled feta
- fresh herbs of your choice for garnish (optional)
For the salad dressing:
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. honey mustard
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a small jar add the olive oil, red wine vinegar, honey mustard, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Put a lid on and shake well to combine.
Place baby spinach in a serving dish. Arrange tomatoes and cucumbers over the spinach.
Sprinkle with the onion slices, drizzle with dressing, and top with crumbled feta and fresh herbs if desired.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
|Calories (per 1serve, 255g): 95 kcal
||Calories (per 100g ): 38 kcal
|Fat: 5.4 g
||Fat: 2.1 g
|Carbohydrates: 9.6 g
||Carbohydrates: 3.8 g
|Protein: 3.4 g
||Protein: 1.3 g