Healthy Leftover Turkey Casserole
Turkey casserole is a great way to use up leftover turkey or chicken. This recipe requires simple and healthy ingredients and makes a hearty dinner for your family. With minimum prep time, you’ll get a nutritionally complete meal with an amazing flavor and creamy taste.
- 2 Tbsp. or 14g olive oil
- 1 medium or 85g onion, chopped
- 1/2 lb or 230g cremini or white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. or 8g all-purpose flour
- 12- oz can or 354ml evaporated milk, skimmed
- 3 cups or 330g cooked turkey or chicken, cubed or shredded
- 3 cups or 175g broccoli florets
- 1 ½ cups or 200g cooked rice
- 1 cup or 225g plain Greek yogurt, 2%
- 1 tsp. Cajun seasoning or paprika
- 1 tsp. ground coriander seeds
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup or 100g Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese (reduced fat), shredded
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
In an oven-safe skillet (I prefer cast iron), heat the oil, over medium heat and add the chopped onion and sauté, stirring occasionally until tender. Add the sliced mushrooms, cook and stir for 5 minutes. Add the flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring often. Slowly add the evaporated milk, stirring constantly, until combined. Bring it to a simmer.
Add the cooked turkey (or chicken), broccoli florets, cooked rice, Greek yogurt, season with seasonings, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine. Sprinkle with shredded cheese over the top and bake for 20-25 minutes until bubbling and the cheese is melted.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
How Many Calories in Leftover Turkey Casserole
|Calories (per 1 serving, 230g): 298 kcal
||Calories (per 100g): 130 kcal
|Fat: 8.3 g
||Fat: 3.6 g
|Carbohydrates: 24.4 g
||Carbohydrates: 10.6 g
|Protein: 31.2 g
||Protein: 13.6 g