This Fish Stew Recipe is easy of preparation and is a light and so delicious meal. This low fat, low carb and high in protein fish stew recipe makes a simple and healthy dinner, loaded with wholesome ingredients and omega-3 fats. This is really good for most weight loss diets, healthy eating or just for anyone who wishes to enjoy a good meal.
Ingredients for Fish Stew
- 3 tbsp. 15g olive oil
- 1 medium 150g onion, chopped
- 3 cloves 10g garlic, minced or chopped
- 1 medium 70g carrot, sliced
- 2 medium 300g fresh or canned tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp. 50g tomato paste
- 800 g white fish cut into 2-inch pieces
- 600 ml water or vegetable broth
- 4 medium 400g potatoes, peeled and cut into pieces
- 19 oz can 380g drained romano or black beans
- 1/2 tsp. of each dry oregano thyme, paprika, and parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add the onion and sauté until softened, add the garlic and the herbs and cook 1 minute.
Add the carrot, stir about 1 minute. Then add the tomato and tomato paste, pour about 100ml. of water if needed. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally 1 more minute.
Add the fish, gently stir to submerge it in the liquid. Bring to a simmer and cook for 3 minutes or so.
Meanwhile, take a large pot, pour 500 ml. of water or broth along with the chopped potatoes and some salt and bring to a boil over high heat.
Pour the fish mixture to the pot with the potato, add beans and season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer gently for about 10-15 minutes on low heat.
Serve with chopped fresh parsley or dill and enjoy!
How Many Calories in Fish Stew
|Calories (per 100 g): 73 cal
||Calories (per 1 serve: 470g ): 345 cal
|Fat: 1.4 g
||Fat: 6.6 g
|Carbohydrates: 6.8 g
||Carbohydrates: 31.9 g
|Protein: 8.2 g
||Protein: 38.5 g