Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken
This Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken is the easiest recipe ever! And you’d better be having it in your fridge occasionally. It is possible for making so many goodies like soups, wraps, tacos, salads, and just adding it to your bowl with pasta or rice. This chicken is a super source of a good quality protein with very low fat that is going to keep you on track every time!
|Serving||Prep time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|for 6||2 h||4 h||6 h|
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (900 g / 2 lb)
- ¾ cup chicken broth or water
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl or ziplock bag, combine together the chicken breasts, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, minced garlic, salt, and black pepper. Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Place the marinated chicken and sear in the hot pan for about 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove from the skillet to a slow cooker or Instant Pot and pour chicken broth or water over the top.
- Cook until the chicken is tender about 6 hours on low, or 4 hours on high (in the slow cooker) or 3 hours in the Instant Pot on the Slow Cooking program.
- Once time is run out, you can serve the breast whole, or shred with two forks and let it sit in slow cooker juices until ready to serve.
|Calories (per 100 g): 131 cal||Calories(per 1 serve: 130 g): 170 cal|
|Fat: 2.7 g
Carbohydrates: 0.5 g
Protein: 24.2 g
|Fat: 3.5 g
Carbohydrates: 0.7 g
Protein: 31.5 g
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.