A healthy alternative to the classic recipe, these Blueberry Lemon Muffins are a new favorite on my healthy dessert list.
Made only with wholesome ingredients, these muffins are nutritionally balanced and keep you satisfied longer. They are so good for breakfast, but also make a delicious snack and dessert.
You’d never tell they were sugar-free, healthy muffins!
Healthy Blueberry Lemon Muffins Recipe
This Blueberry Lemon Muffins recipe is one of the best healthy muffin recipes! The muffins turn out soft and moist with minimum oil and no sugar. Loaded with juicy blueberries and lemon flavor the muffins taste so fresh and delicious! Made with a mix of whole-wheat Atta flour and almond flour, plain Greek yogurt, and eggs these Blueberry Lemon Muffins are really good for balanced healthy eating.
Drizzling the muffins with maple syrup after baking would be a wonderful idea if you prefer them a little bit sweeter because they are not overly sweet on their own.
Blueberry Lemon Muffins are fantastic with a cup of coffee or tea for the afternoon snack or dessert as well as for breakfast on the go and weekend brunch.
What is Atta Flour
I found whole wheat ATTA flour that makes a difference in baking goods! I like the taste and texture of things like cookies, muffins, cakes, exc., made with Atta flour more than with traditional whole wheat flour. The goods turn out light, soft, and fluffy without adding tons of butter or oil.
Atta flour is an Indian finely ground whole wheat flour with light golden color. The difference between whole wheat Atta flour and the traditional whole wheat flour is in a different milling process and type of wheat. Atta flour is a stone-milled when the germ, endosperm, and bran are milled together and preserved. This makes the flour rich in essential nutrients.
In my opinion, Atta flour is not such a good flour for making yeast bread unless you like your bread soft and crumby. However, I’m sure there are many amazing Indian bread recipes with Atta flour I’m not familiar with. So, someday I have to give them a try!
More Blueberry Recipes for Healthy Desserts:
|Serving:||Prep time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
|10 muffins||15 min||20 min||35 min|
Ingredients for Healthy Blueberry Lemon Muffins
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup (75g) erythritol or stevia (or sweetener of choice)
- 1 cup (240g) plain Greek yogurt, 2%
- 3 Tbsp. (21g) light vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup (150g) whole wheat flour (I used atta flour)
- 1 cup (100g) almond flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 ½ cups (240g) fresh blueberries
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
How to Make Healthy Blueberry Lemon Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F. Place 10-12 muffin liners in a standard size muffin pan.
- In a large mixing bowl of a stand mixer or electric mixer, beat together the eggs and erythritol on high speed until it’s light in color and thick (about 8-10 minutes).
- Add the Greek yogurt, vegetable oil, and vanilla to the egg mixture and mix until just combined on low speed.
- In another medium bowl, combine the whole wheat flour, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients 1/2 at a time, stirring with each addition using a silicone spatula just until incorporated.
- Gently fold the blueberries, lemon zest, and lemon juice into the batter, mixing only until combined.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin pan, filling about a little over 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until tops are golden and a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove muffins from the pan and cool on a wire rack to room temperature. Enjoy!
How Many Calories in Healthy Blueberry Lemon Muffins
|Calories (per 1 muffin, 84g): 185 cal||Calories (per 100g ): 220 cal|
|Fat: 9.0 g||Fat: 10.7 g|
|Carbohydrates: 17.1 g||Carbohydrates: 20.4 g|
|Protein: 8.2 g||Protein: 9.8 g|